Monday, February 16, 2015

Bright Colors

As soon as I saw Fall issue of Vogue Knitting magazine last year, my mind was set to knit Ms. Wallin’s brightly colored pullover.  Yes, yet another project with the design by Ms. Marie Wallin!  


I was knitting Avril Silk Tsumugi tunic at that time.  Since I decided some years ago that I was not going to have two major projects at the same time any longer, I decided to wait until I have time to tackle the pullover.  I was tempted to start such a beautifully colored pullover, but I persevered.  Though I began planning the project immediately.  It was obvious to me to knit it in round.  Also, to add some waist shaping to it.  Other than that, I followed the pattern when I began knitting it in January.

Here are some close-up of the gorgeous colors and stitches.  Notice something?  The Fair Isle pattern in this pullover involves both knit and purl stitches in about 80 percent of rows.  It reminds me of Bohus knits.  I just love those purl bump mingling of colors adding extra dimension to the fabric.






I must add that the yarns are fabulous, Rowan Kid Classic and Rowan Alpaca Colour. I used the specified colors, but there are a few versions knitted using different colors on on Ravelry and they are gorgeous as well.  This was the first time I used Rowan Alpaca Colour and I find it very soft and warm.  I was glad that the sleeves were not in Fair Isle pattern.  I have been wearing the pullover with such joy.  Perfect for this long snowy winter.


So, what's next?  Well, I will be honest, another design by Ms. Marie Wallin!  

4 comments:

  1. Wow, how gorgeous. It's wonderful when your clothes give you joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you convert this to in the round?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, I cast on the number of stitches for the front and the back added minus 4 stitches (one stitch at each side seam), treated the front and the back as a continuous piece, and knit in round. When I reached underarm, I added a steek for each armhole and continued to knit in round.
      Hopefull, this helps.
      May

      Delete