Saturday, May 12, 2012

Red Retro Coat

Bright red retro coat with a twist inside. 

Outer fabric is a light weight silk noil and the lining is a cotton print, a Picasso like print.  The pattern is from Yuri Kaneko's book from 2006 (Bunka Shuppan).  I love the flat collar of this coat.  So perfectly formed thanks to the good pattern.  I did not have enough fabric and had to cut two front pattern pieces together.  Shame. 

I am on to the next project which is my DD2's dress.  What you see on the upper right corner is a test garment.

1 comment:

  1. The coat looks gorgeous - I cannot see where you didn't have enough fabric?
    And I like the bright inside... It will be an eyecatcher when you wear it unbuttoned!

    Oh, and thanks for stopping by! I just wanted to let you know that I don't stop blogging - I just moved to another adress (the link is in the posting).

    Have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete