As I wrote earlier, I love many designs from this booklet besides Phil: Bertie in red/purple stripes and Jamie in green. I am planning to knit these two garments next spring.
Changes made in Phil:
- Sleeves: Casting on 57 stitches for the lace edge pattern was okay (2 rows in Confiture and the rest in Noir), but it was way too wide for a sleeve: 32 cm wide. So, on the second row in the striped section (in Confiture), stitches were reduced by 15 to 42 by: (k2, ssk) five times, (k1, ssk) six times, (k2, ssk) four times, and k3. Also, I changed the striped pattern a little: 2 rows Confiture, 1 row Berries, (4 rows Noir, 1 row Berries, 2 rows Confiture, 1 row Berries), and repeat (..). When Berries was used for the first time, I started knitting at the left edge facing the wrong side. This was done so that the rest of the color changes occur on the right edge of the sleeve. At the same time, increase at each end of the sleeve by 1 stitch every 5 rows starting at row 8 (first one in Berries). Knit 59 rows total in the stripe pattern, ending with Berries.
- Back and front: The stripe pattern was changed just like for sleeves: 2 rows Confiture, 1 row Berries, (4 rows Noir, 1 row Berries, 2 rows Confiture, 1 row Berries), and repeat (..). On row 18 in Confiture, do eyelet pattern. Knit total of 67 rows, ending with Berries.
- Yoke: Initially I knitted the yoke in round. I did not like the area where yarns were changed. It looked very sloppy. So, I ripped all the yoke, added two extra stitches for seams, and knitted back and forth. I did 44 rows in the specified pattern instead of 40 rows. On the last four rows, I reduced extra 8 stitches, ending with 110 stitches (plus two edge stitches).
I think the person who prepared the samples for the magazine photos knitted them rather loosely. My yarnovers did not produce large holes like you see in the photo. That contributed to my needs to add more rows.